Add one or more. This is from @amieshmamie's no more writer's block list prompt list.
- •I remember my "boyfriend" Dominique. We went to the same babysitter when I lived in California. I was 3 when we moved to Texas, so this is possibly a memory from age 2!The babysitter was Ms. Rosemary and she had several older daughters, and they had boyfriends. Dominique was the only boy that she watched, so I decided he was my man. Dibs. I think he was Mexican, I know his hair was brown. Everyone was Mexican or Filipino where we lived.
- •KokomoI remember I had the Beach Boys "Kokomo" on one of these tape singles. It doesn't even play a full song, just 2 minutes. But I loved it. I was probably 3, because again, this is a memory from when I lived in California.
- •What's your earliest memory? Memories? Include the age you think you were.
- •I cracked my chin open when I was 2, when I was on a porch swing at my great grandma's house. I remember looking at the railing, trying to reach out to touch it, and falling onto the deck.Then I blacked out and I remember being picked up by my uncle and having my aunt (who's a nurse) check out my chin. That's all I remember. Fun fact: I needed 17 stitches in my chin that day.Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •I went to a daycare when I was 3. I remember walking down the hall and playing on the buckyball.Suggested by @amieshmamie
- •And then when I was 3, I cracked my chin open again. I remember I was walking up the stairs and I tripped and fell. Then I remember my mom putting me on her bed and my next door neighbors coming over to asses the situation.Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •We were living in Jackson, MS for my dad's seminary degree. I was around 3. Some other married students invited us over for dinner. As Mom was putting my cutest dress on, Dad said we would be having lasagna. I was in awe. LASAGNA! So fancy, so exotic, so decadent. (I'd never heard the word before.)I still love lasagna to this day!Suggested by @jhope71
- •I remember being buckled into the seat of our plane. We were flying to Minnesota to see relatives for Christmas. I would have been two. I also remember watching snowmobiles drive past my grandparents house on top of four feet of snow.Suggested by @julieann718
- •Early side of age 3 (since my mama was pregnant with my bro at the time). I was playing house with myself. I collected up my stuffed animals & some toys in a bag I used as my pocketbook. I left my room, locking the door first (from the inside, push-button style). I was utterly surprised I couldn't open the door when I returned to my room laterSuggested by @dreadpiratemama
- •When I was three we went to Disney World. I have vague impressions of memories of a few parts of the trip, but mostly I remember having to be evacuated from the hotel in the middle of the night because there was a fire. It was scary/exciting.Suggested by @Equivokate
- •I was nearly two years old when my sister was born. I remember going to visit my mum and my sister, and sulking because I did not like the new baby.My mum was distraught!Suggested by @Diplomatic_diva
- •Who knows what these things are?My earliest memory is bending over while sitting on the floor and chewing on these little baby shoelace holders. I remember their smell. Idk if I was walking yet, but I walked at 18 mos.Suggested by @pathb
- •I think I was about 3. My cousin and I were running around my grandparents' backyard in Saddle River, NJ. Their yard led right into the woods. His parents were trying to catch him to get him dressed for the day, but he kept running around the yard naked. I turned to look at him, saw his penis, yelled "SHAAAAAAARK!" & bolted for the woods.Suggested by @taylormorley
- •Ginger ale saved my life. (Photo has little to do with my story; just too bizarre not to share.)On a trip to visit relatives in Ohio, I became very ill and was hospitalized. Years later I told my mom I remembered a nurse walking toward me with a metal tray. On it was a tall, thin glass of ginger ale with a paper straw. My mom was sitting on a wooden chair at the end of my bed, which was on the right side of the room at the far end from the door. She was surprised I remembered anything but said I was correct. My dad said I almost died. I credit the ginger ale for my recovery.🏨Suggested by @Dashelamet
- •I think I was around 2 or 3 and I was at my great grandma's house. I had gone into her bedroom and pulled out my great grandpa's shoes and started walking around in them. My grandma thought I was so cute she took a picture and it's still on our fridge.Suggested by @beckwiththebadhair
- •I was 2.5 when my kid brother was born. We celebrated him coming home from the hospital with chocolate shakes, and I was much more excited about that than some baby.Suggested by @kcupcaker