Little Things That Annoy Me When My Mom's In Town
She's staying with me for a week. It's almost over.
- •She talks during shows, and is quiet during commercials. I think she is trying to bond or something, but we have been homies for 31 years. I'm all set.See, we were bonded when I was 29.
- •She puts my dishes on the wrong side of the sink.She keeps washing dishes, so I can't actually be mad about this.
- •She sits down for every meal or snack and thinks I should too.I grab a handful of whatever on my way out the wherever and call it a meal.
- •She opens the blinds and keeps them open from like 6am until 9pm. I live on a busy street, I need some privacy.That's how she rolls at her house, in Pleasantville. I'm not in the suburbs. I'm in the urbs.
- •She brushes her teeth at the same time I need to brush mine although she has no where to go.
- •She plays with my dog all day and when I get home the dog is too tired to play with me.
- •She keeps folding blankets that I have thrown in the perfect spot.Struggle is real.
- •She doesn't keep the Brita 135% full at all times.
- •She texts my sister the same time I do and it's bugging the crap out of her.Plus she likes to joke "who are you texting?" And I never answer.
- •It's a hard life, but someone has to live it.
- •I'm sure I'll be grateful for this time at some point.But my introverted need to recharge is starting to hurt due to lack of battery.