Live Shows I've Seen
Indirectly inspired by @andersun (not concerts, I'm talking something that could be a play, or a performance)
- •Aladdin on IceThis was my gift for my 9th birthday and it started me on a roll of being OBSESSED with live performances. Even though I didn't go to a lot, I never stopped wanting to go.
- •Hook - BroadwayI saw this in Austin as a kid and don't know if it was Hook or Peter Pan. All I remember is how scary the alligator was 😱
- •Bring In 'Da Noise, Bring In 'Da FunkSaw this around '02 when I went on a dance team trip to Los Angeles. I don't think I breathed for 2 hours. That show was my happy place. Savion Glover is a gift.
- •The NutcrackerBack in '05 for my History of Dance Class in College. I remember wishing more ballerinas were black. Thanks to Misty Copeland no one has to wish that now 😉
- •ChicagoSaw this on Broadway around 2007 with my sister and cousin. I was in love. Just obsessed! "He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times." "He saw himself as alive, I saw him...dead."
- •Cirque Du Soleil KoozaCreepy crazy one. Awesome. This was like 2012 in Dallas with my sister.
- •Mary PoppinsAdorable. I didn't get to enjoy this enough because I was going though something that week and we left 20 minutes early. 2012
- •Lion KingThis was just. It was. I can't. I was holding back tears of appreciation for 2 hours. I was so happy this existed. They toured so I saw this in Dallas with my sister. 2013
- •Cirque Du Soleil - QuidamSaw in Dallas with Mom and Sister. Such a great show. Ah! Beautiful. 2013
- •Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!2013 or 2014 🤷🏽♀️My whole life I prepared for this moment. I learned the choreography in 7th grade when I recorded an airing of this show on PBS. They were not touring for 11 years and the second they did, my sister got us tickets. I kept telling her which cat was which and seeing if she understood what the Heavyside layer was!
- •Cirque Du Soleil - Michael Jackson ImmortalThis is my sister and I freaking out because our seats were amazing and our dad told us to send him a picture of us not being weird. 2014. Best cirque show. So many tears.
- •Cirque Du Soleil - KuriosWe finally got back to our old habits for my birthday and her last outing before giving birth to my favorite niecey. This was 2017 and it was great. We left 5 minutes early because we hate post show traffic and we consider ourselves pros now 😉
- •(Lord can only hope I add Hamilton to this list one year.)