My Holiday Anxiety
Most of us have it, mine is likely mild but it's still stressing me out.
- •My oldest sister moved to Germany, before that she had skipped the last 9 Christmases.
- •My stepsister has 3 kids and is currently separated from her husband, living with my dad and the she-devil.
- •My middle sister got married and pregnant since the last year.
- •Nothing has changed in the least for me, besides no longer taking ambien.Which to them basically means I stopped walking backwards, as opposed to actually accomplishing something.
- •Every year I drive to Austin on Dec 23, usually with the middle sister.She rides in my car, her then-fiancé would drive down late on the 24th, they would do Austin Christmas and on the 26th do Fort Worth Christmas with his family.
- •Trust me, I hated them screwing up my schedule then. We used to have post-Christmas traditions.He would stay at my Dad's on Christmas Eve and golf Christmas morning, and we had to wait for him to finish golfing before we could open gifts 😒
- •This year, my sister screwed everything up by inviting my step sister to Dallas. Plus the 3 kids, plus the estranged husband.
- •That leaves me as an only child with 2 Christmases. No way, Jose.I hate getting gifts and I hate my dad's wife. This is my nightmare. All of the buffers are gone!
- •If my mom wasn't biologically a Christmas elf I may consider skipping the holiday entirely.
- •I'm so stressed out because staying in Dallas means no mom. Even if mom comes then I have to be around my step sister and her ex.But Dad will be in Austin. So I'm still losing something in every scenario.
- •Also, my dog isn't allowed in their house. They have large scary dogs that eat bunnies.My dog is about 3/4 the size of an average bunny.
- •I just want to change my number until Jan 2. 😞
- •There is no solution. Nothing is ever going to be normal again. I'm being punished for not getting tandem-married. 😵🔫