New Years Resolutions I Plan On Keeping
Ranked by importance of follow through. Thanks for the request @bsizzle33
- 1.Making decisions that benefit me at least sometimes.I'm such a giver that I very easily ignore myself. Every year I get a little bit better about making me happy.
- 2.Write more YA short storiesMy nieces can't find anything to read for 4th graders that revolves around carefree black girls. So I started writing them stuff to read for their feedback. They are hungry for more, and I need to flex that muscle. It's an open market, no one writes for 9 year old black girls (or boys)!
- 3.Call Poppy moreI can tell his memory isn't what it used to be, and he has 9 grandkids to keep up with. Maybe I should just call him and save him the effort. He calls us in order of age, so when I answer, he says "number five, how are you?" And I love it so much.
- 4.Grow that hairWhat a difference a year can make! Also, I clearly had zero intention of publishing the first picture, so cut my face some slack. I'm going to grow it until I can crawl out of this castle on my braid alone. When I take my 3rd picture in March, I want 4 more inches!
- 5.Finish that screenplay!I have morphed this thing over and over. It's hard because I really enjoy TV shows, so I made it a pilot script. But I think it's a movie. Started as a book... bird by bird y'all
- 6.Limiting time with Debbie DownersI am a fixer. I like to fix people. I'm stopping. Debbie Downers ruined my Mexican vacation, see photo.
- 7.Workout?I kinda don't care. I like working out, so I do it for fun and to keep me from hitting coworkers. I hate when people in my family hear I'm working out and they are WAY too supportive. Like they are just so embarrassed. Whatever. I'm not working out for them.
- 8.Date?You know I don't care. I'm so uninterested. I don't even remember who I'm attracted to, well I remember one person. If he is down, then I'll date. But I can take it or leave it.
- 9.Buy a Kitchenaid mixer all by myself 😉@kelrie knows why.