Real Life Bechdel Observation
I edited the title so this would be easier to find
- •I am sitting next to two women at this restaurant who assume I'm not listening, which obviously I am.
- •They are discussing their adult children
- •They are discussing their husbands.
- •When I sit near two men who care/don't care if I'm listening, I have never heard these topics discussed.
- •I mean never. I didn't know my male coworkers wives names, while I knew my female coworkers' husbands cholesterol levels.
- •Why is this?
- •Are we real-life FAILING the Bechdel test?
- •Broad City passes the test every episode!
- •So does Parks!
- •Let's do it too, si.sterhood of traveling li.sters!