The Office, A Love Story
How I became a fan of The Office. A chronological list
- •I'm a late adopter. The show started when I was in college, and not interested in any TV shows.My early adopter cousin watched episodes on his video ipod. I should trust his taste. He's never wrong.
- •Then my sister moved to LA and started doing work as an extra.
- •She was on an episode of The OfficeThe episode is Job Fair.
- •I watched Safety Training around the time she was filming her episode.It was a rerun, I didn't know. I was trying to figure out why this show was filmed mostly outside. It didn't make me laugh. It was too smart I thought.
- •I caught her Job Fair episode.Saw her 5 times. She's below the pink arrow. There wasn't an arrow when it aired, I added that 😉
- •I watched again for the Super BowlThe episode was Stress Relief. The zaniest episode of the series.
- •Michael Scott said a line that had me sold."You will not die Stanley! Barack is president! You are black Stanley!"
- •I watched the next episode, Lecture Circuit.Kelly Kapoor was everything I wanted on a TV show.
- •The CW began playing reruns of the first 100 episodes
- •I lost my job (Hello, 2008!) and really missed having coworkersThis show helped me stay connected. I didn't feel invisible.
- •I bought the dvds and memorized the extra featuresLike, I can quote commentaries. I do not exaggerate. Best DVD commentaries from The Office
- •I bought everything associated with the showPictured: Threat Level Midnight shirt. Not Pictured: Everything else from the NBC store
- •I moved to Chicago for a new job where I knew no one. I watched The Office everyday and it kept me from depression.
- •I stayed a hardcore fan until the end.
- •Even flew from Dallas to Scranton to say goodbye at the Wrap Party
- •I still watch it everyday. We are living happily ever after.
- •I love you, The Office.