Worst Parts of the DOJ Report of Baltimore's PD, Ranked
These are just what makes me the most upset. Ranking is opinion. For more details, head here: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57ab4624e4b0db3be07c7e8a or here http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/10/489505940/lock-up-all-the-black-hoodies-doj-report-details-abuses-by-baltimore-police
- 9.The cops repeatedly used racial slurs yet over six years, only one instance was correctly recorded as such. All other instances were misclassified as lesser offenses.🙁
- 8.Black residents were stopped three times as often as white residents.☹️
- 7.The cops were told to make up any reason to question a group of black teens, and never treat them like citizens.😫
- 6.In six years, the BPD used force almost 3,000 times and only one time was found in violation.😒
- 5.A son with no criminal record was arrested in front of his home when he was with his mother.😠
- 4.44 percent of the stops in six years were made in the neighborhoods that house 11 percent of the population.😦Most men were stopped 10 times each, seven say they were stopped more than 30.
- 3.The cops tasered an 85 pound female juvenile who was cooperating. They were accusing her of a "history of selling CDs."😠
- 2.A young black woman was cavity searched in public for a routine traffic stop. 😠😠😠Broken headlight. No reason to ever check anyone's anus for a broken headlight.
- 1.The arrest warrant TEMPLATE was auto-filled with the description "BLACK MALE." One had to manually go in and change it if they happened to arrest anyone who wasn't a black male. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡Systemic racism isn't just in our minds. Black people aren't born more prone to criminal activity. I'm about ready to quit earth when I hear this bull.