Already on li.st? Open in app.
We just can't get enough, @LaurenGroff! (Blurbs taken from Amazon, Goodreads et al)
- •L Debard and Aliette: A Love StoryShort story in The Atlantic http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2006/08/l-debard-and-aliette/305035/
- •The Monsters of Templeton (2008)In the wake of a wildly disastrous affair with her married archaeology professor, Willie Upton arrives on the doorstep of her ancestral home in storybook Templeton, New York, looking to hide in the one place to which she swore she'd never come back. As soon as she arrives, though, a prehistoric monster surfaces in Lake Glimmerglass, changing the very fabric of the town.
- •Delicate Edible Birds (2009)Innovative and beautifully written collection that covers a wide swath of humanity, from east coast resort towns, to the early 20th century flu epidemic, to WWII Europe.
- •The Characters' Favorite Woody Allen Movies Fates and Furies List: The Characters' Favorite Woody Allen Movies
- •The character I identified with the most FATES & FURIES: THE CHARACTER I IDENTIFIED WITH THE MOST
- •Favorite foreshadowing lines from part 1 of the novel: FATES AND FURIES LIST #2: FAVORITE FORESHADOWING LINESSuggested by @LizDawson
Okay - here we go! Last week of reading Fates and Furies together. Here are some prompts for lists, but we're also looking forward to seeing what other creative lists you come up with. And now's a great time for people who had already read the book to chime in too. Thanks for playing, everyone!
- 1.Plot twists ranked by how much they surprised you
- 2.Which character did you most identify with at first, and how has that changed over the course of the book?
- 3.Which actors would you cast for each character (for extra credit: and why?)
- •Actresses I've Pictured Playing Mathilde (open list) Fates and Furies List: Actresses I've Pictured Playing Mathilde
- •If Mathilde were on the List App, I would send her these list requests: IF MATHILDE WERE ON THE LIST APP, I WOULD SEND HER THESE LIST REQUESTS
- •Foods to Serve at Your F&F Potluck FATES AND FURIES WEEK 3: FOODS TO SERVE AT YOUR F&F POTLUCK
- •My Unsolicited Advice for Mathilde and Everyone in Her LifeSuggested by @mattan
This week we're reading and listing up to p 300. Here are some suggestions for things to list about, but they are just a starting point - take your list in any direction you want!
- 1.Sum up the "Fates" half of the novel in GIFs.
- 2.What ending would you like for Mathilde?
- 3.What ending do you think Mathilde deserves?
- •Lotto's Plays Ranked by How Much I Want to See Them Fates and Furies List: Lotto's Plays Ranked by How Much I Want to See Them
- •My favorite sentences: FATES AND FURIES WEEK 2: SOME OF MY FAVORITE SENTENCES
How's your reading of F & F going so far, ListAppers? This week, we're reading and listing up to page 206. Here are some ideas to get you going with the listing - more here: https://li.st/l/0H5lPmG6UQObm2OQJmrWkE
- 1.Tell us in GIFs how you feel about Lotto now.
- 2.How is Lotto connected with the "Fate" section? How would you describe his personality—do you consider him passive, optimistic (unreasonably so?), fair-minded and accepting? Is he humble or, maybe, egotistical?(From litlovers.com)
- 3.If you were going to lose it and start ranting the way Lotto does in chapter 7 what would be your subject of choice and how much trouble would it get you in?
Show us your reading nooks!
- •In bedMine, for the record, not just any random bed.Suggested by @Nicholas
- •My reading nook is my bed. This is me in my pajamas well before 7pm on a Friday night, glass of red beside me.
- •@BookClub Weekend reading nooks [night: Twilight Zone in background; day: geese] Halfway done with next week's chapters. Reading on iPhone 6+ so no pic of book.Suggested by @kemnyc
- •@BookClub Here's my subway reading shot.Suggested by @kemnyc
- •Thoughts of a Girl Who Really Wants to Hook Up with Lotto at the Cast Party Fates and Furies List: Thoughts of a Girl Who Really Wants to Hook Up With Lotto at the Cast Party
- •[An Exercise in Bracket Asides] FATES AND FURIES WEEK 1: AN EXERCISE IN BRACKET ASIDES