FATES AND FURIES, WEEK ONE: THINGS TO THINK AND LIST ABOUT
Week one of our communal reading of Fates and Furies starts today! 🤗 This week, we'll be reading and listing up to p 97. For more info on how book club works, check out HOW BOOK CLUB WORKS and BOOK CLUB 1: FATES AND FURIES BY LAUREN GROFF. Below are some suggested things to list about but feel free to come up with your own.
- 1.What made you want to read this book?
- 2.Sum up the plot so far in emoji.
- 3.Characters so far, ranked by how much you struggle to like them?
- 4.Which character do you identify with most so far and why?
- 5.How you feel about the bracketed asides, and what do you think their role is?
- 6.Which aspect of the plot and/or characters are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
- 7.The first half of the book is from Lotto's perspective, and the second from Mathilde's. What do you think such a juxtaposition might add to the novel? What are you looking forward to finding out more about when you get to Mathilde's section?
- 8.Any predictions for what happens next?
- 9.Anything you wish would happen next?
- 10.What are some of your favorite sentences so far?
- 11.Show us in gifs all the emotions this book has made you feel up to this point.
- 12.Want to try to Myers-Briggs-type any of the characters?