FATES AND FURIES, WEEK THREE: THINGS TO THINK AND LIST ABOUT
This week we're reading and listing up to p 300. Here are some suggestions for things to list about, but they are just a starting point - take your list in any direction you want!
- 1.Sum up the "Fates" half of the novel in GIFs.
- 2.What ending would you like for Mathilde?
- 3.What ending do you think Mathilde deserves?
- 4.What are some of your favorite sentences so far?
- 5.What are the (potential) sources of Mathilde's anger and how would you have reacted in each of the situations?
- 6.If Mathilde were on The List App, what lists would you request of her?
- 7.What are your own experiences of grief and how are they similar to or different from Mathilde's?
- 8.Mathilde's experiences have been so formative for her - as, arguably, they are for all of us. List about the experiences which have most shaped you.
- 9.What would you like to reach into the book and tell Mathilde?
- 10.Do any of the characters remind you of characters in TV shows? Can you do a "Fates and Furies as characters in ..." list?