How I think people perceive me vs. how I actually am
- •That I'm snobbyI'm actually painfully shy, y'all. Especially among new faces. I'm quietly gauging the room, listening to see if someone starts singing the song of my people. Let me give you an example. Random person to another random person: "Hey did you see the new episode of Doctor Who?" Me: *Cranes neck so fast it nearly breaks* "HEY LET'S BE FRIENDS"
- •That I'm meanI know for a fact that others perceive me this way. Many of my good friends have told me that before they got to know me, they were afraid of me. Said I "looked mean." Basically, I'm a victim of RBF: Resting Bitch Face. I hate it, because I'm the kind of person who stresses about the amount of suffering happening around the world, how I can't fix it all. Things like that. Yet there's a chance you would never know, because you're scared of my Bitch Face 😂
- •That I'm a know-it-allI hope others don't see me this way, but I wonder... I just really like learning stuff! :) I'm always picking up useless facts, and habitually blurt out said facts when yapping with people. I love when others do the same, because idk to me, random things are interesting. Plus YAY more useless facts to store in my brain! :D
- •That I'm shallow/superficialHonestly, I think I can be a bit shallow. A fool. Aren't we all sometimes? But it's only part of who I am. I feel like I have two personalities—there's the silly & goofy side who keeps things light, and then there's the other side. The side that doesn't shy away from the deeper, darker topics that most seem to prefer avoiding. This side is my favorite side, the one that those who know me well get to meet ~
- •That I have conservative viewsPeople are often surprised to learn that I'm both a Christian AND a Democrat, that I support the LGBT community, etc. I'm here to tell you that we *do* exist! Hello ~ 👋🏻❤️
- •That I'm really happy all the timeA friend of mine once told me that she loved how I was "always happy," that she wanted to be more like me in that regard. I was flattered, but I also realized what lengths I go to in order to hide my suffering. I've struggled with anxiety and depression since childhood, but don't want to drag others down with me. So I pretend. On a daily basis, I feel like an actress about to go out on stage to give her best performance possible.
- •That I'm quietThis is half true. In general, I'm a pretty quiet person. Around me, you could hear a mouse fart is what I'm sayin' 😜 But get to know me—it's a whole other story. It's like whoa, who unleashed the crazy? Haha ~ My tightest fellow crazies know that I can easily talk your ear off :)
- •I'll add more if I think of them!This has been an interesting exercise :)