Things Said When the 50ish Couple Next to Me on the Bolt Bus Found Out About Marriage Equality
- •When they realized we are heading to New York DURING PRIDE"WE BETTER MAKE SOME DINNER RESERVATIONS"
- •When she told him what she just posted on Facebook"I WROTE ON MY TAGLINE: WHAT A VICTORY FOR THE HUMAN RACE!"
- •When she wondered whether this would change the musical they are planning to see"I wonder if they'll say something before the show! Cause New York is so big and gay!"
- •When he asked what they might say"Oh you know like 'PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONES AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SUPREME COURT'"
- •When she needed Wifi to follow this historic breaking news story"IF I USE THE WIFI DOES IT OVERRIDE THE DATA?" He thought so, but was JUST NOT POSITIVE
- •When marriage equality took a backseat to tracking some precipitation oddsHim: "I ALREADY KNOW THE WEATHER REPORT" She double-checked. #weatherreport
- •When her concern grew that they might be overdressedHe said nothing and kept reading chapter 4 of a book on corporate management. The chapter was called PUTTING THE SPEED IN PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS and he read it with a highlighter #weatherreport
- •WHEN THEY DECIDED THEY SHOULD TRY TO SEE THE PRIDE PARADE BUT WERE CERTAIN "SUZANNE" WOULDN'T WANT TO GO DOWNTOWN"DOWN WITH SUZANNE" "LOVE IS LOVE" (Said by me in my head)
- •When she reiterated the wonder of the timing of this historic Supreme Court ruling coinciding with Pride in New York"It couldn't have been timed better! IT'S CRAZY!"
- •When she said it better not rain for the paradeHe started singing "IT'S RAINING MEN! HALLELUJAH!" She laughed and shushed him. He's still got it.
- •When she got tired of all this excitementShe rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes and he continued to read PUTTING THE SPEED IN PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS. And now everyone can be married, just like them.