5 things that make me feel Alive!
For @dad3 and the spice of life.
- 1.WordsWhether it's coming from friends, family or favorite authors, the meaning we put to words gives us balance, a new perspective and direction. Language makes our reality and shapes what we see and who we are. Share your thoughts, your ideas, your words because they hold so much meaning like you do.
- 2.LoveWhen you know that you are dearly loved and cared about, there's no better reassurance. One person makes the difference, be it someone else or yourself. Ray Bradbury said this about love in his interview with Alibi: "Well, everything is an extension of everything else. And if you’re in love, then you can do it."
- 3.MakingRemember when you were just a toddler and you used the potty for the first time? The excitement of it all, the proclamations you rushed to share with whomever was there. You made poop! Make something that excites you, that speaks to you and about you, that is as memorable and exciting as the time you made a poo-poo.
- 4.LaughterI laugh at myself every chance I get, because I know that I'm funny. No, I know that I think I'm funny; it keeps me humble. Other times I laugh with others and to share laughter is like speaking a universal language like music. Charlie Chaplin said, "I have many problems in my life. But my lips don't know that. They always smile." Have a laugh!
- 5.WalksPreferably outside, where I get to feel the fresh air cool me off after the heat beats down bullets across my sweaty skin. It's refreshing to get moving but also slow down to see things I might have missed.