Allow Me to Listroduce™ Myself - What's In A Name?
A name like mine.
- •It's not Brett; not even Bret minus a "T"I find myself stressing the letter "N" too much. At this point, I'll just tell them the "N" is silent.
- •Wiggins is not proof that I sold wigsEven if I was named after such a profession, I'd nip that family business in the bud. I don't care if I'm bald! I'm bald because of genetics and dietary ethics, and I can live with that.
- •Nor is it an alteration of WigglesThat's right, the motion and the children's TV boy band. As if my name was originally Wiggles; the nerve of some people!
- •The "That's a unique name" spielSure, Brent is an uncommon, unique name and maybe even Wiggins too, but I don't wear it as my badge of originality. I don't get this all the time, but when I do I should be drinking Dos Equis to enjoy pretending it's a compliment.
- •My initials are BMWYou'd think this would be a cool acronym to have for your initials, right? No, not when you earn the nickname Bimmer. Oh poor Bimmer, it must be a bummer.
- •George Carlin had fun with my nameIn his HBO special titled "Jammin' In New York," George Carlin talks about names that shouldn't be names. Brent was one of them, but I'm glad he didn't chew it out like he did the others. It was an honorable mention though!
- •I have a pretty cool rapper nameB. Wiggs on the street and I know what'cha thinkin'! Is he a freak in the sheets with the girlies he be winkin'? Yes to the name, no to the game.