Things I Can't Do Well
I got to be me.
- •Live long and prosper hand gestureI haven't the dexterity on either hand.
- •Flirt in publicI can keep it saucy but sexy not so much. I feel mortified for saying such bedroom talk even if others in the vicinity couldn't have heard it. Flirting via text is where my thoughts translate at their best. Check please!
- •Be informalI talk formally most of the time. I hardly ever use lingo or acronyms that were meant for text messaging. It sounds weird when I do. Profanity isn't a language and I won't treat it like one either. I'll stick to my vocabulary and complete spelled out words, thank you.
- •Relate to others.If relating to you means emptying beer bottles, doing drugs and having sex, than what else can I say that's already been said? What a boring pattern to live that must be. I like to talk about things that matter and that are far more interesting than any melodrama gossip you listen to with pricked ears. To put this lightly, books carry a conversation better than you can.
- •Walk fastIf no one is around or if I'm in a P.E. class, than I don't take a brisk stroll like others around me. I just feel like I'm in a race and I can't be pedestrian anymore.
- •Look aroundI always avoided looking around for fear of making eye contact with another person. It's either a pad and pencil, a book or my phone in my view. Otherwise, I feel naked and without direction when I look around. It feels robotic almost the way that I do, in intervals too.
- •Talk to girlsWhich is why I let them talk for me. I'm a better listener anyway and I like to hear about others rather than myself. This too goes alongside my ability to flirt. I would say something like, "My apologies if I get distracted," but I'm not that bold or daring.
- •Present/SpeakLike Alexander Hamilton, I am a better writer than a speaker. Whenever I have to explain what I just wrote I feel my mind compressed with condensing words that I found already suitable for the page. I hope people will get it the first time, never to ask any questions, but I see that's not always the case.