Things My Dad Says Almost Always
I've been keeping a tally and it's remarkable. Name something your father says!
- •Jimminy Crickets!Instead of the usual "cheese and rice."
- •He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.
- •Looks like it's going to be a frog-strangler.A frog-strangler is when winds are strong enough, frogs rise into the air and suffocate before they fall down like rain. The expression makes him feel right at home. 😅
- •I'm not doing this for my health.
- •Just leave it to Beaver.
- •He looks like Howdy Doody.
- •What's this? You're looking like Fred Flintstone.His impressions of me before my online interview. They won't see my bottom half after all.
- •Bedtime for Bonzo.And on occasion, say goodnight Gracie.
- •You need [blank] like you need a hole in the head.
- •Brush the teeth you want to keep.
- •That makes me so mad I could puke my guts out!
- •He has the personality of a shoe horn.
- •*Sings* "Hey good-lookin'! Whatcha got cookin'? How's about cookin' up somethin' with me!"
- •Old Bubba loves you.His father would say this to him. Now he says it to us.