What I Like About Me
It's that time again. Me time.
- •My LaughMy dad's laugh, no lie, has the same metronome as mine. Though mine carries into a low air supply, if you keep it going. I've always lost my breath laughing ever since I was two.
- •I keep it focused folksI look at the bigger picture but make time for the little things. Anything that was minor in scope or borderline trivial, I never made a big deal out of because I knew a change could be made. I don't over think things, I do things as I think about them. I enter a restaurant, I sit down, I eat. I don't need to sit in a booth versus a table; I'm just happy I get to sit and have a meal. You could have me sit on the ceiling and I'd be fine.
- •One thing I'm not is dramaticI'll be boring at the risk of being dramatic. Life's too short and the only kind of drama I like belongs on a stage.
- •I use my two ears and one mouth sparinglyI am opposed to using two mouths I don't have. Sort of like credit cards, the imaginary money that doesn't exist until you need it pay it back. Enough about me being financially aware, it's important to be a listener and to respond with all your thoughts in a row. We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. The real credit goes to Epictetus.
- •I can hold a conversation wellI think one-on-one I'm great at keeping a conversation going but interesting. Even if it's unrelated knowledge, I'm fairly good at making it relevant or relatable.
- •I make good companyI make other people comfortable around me and I think it's easy to see my warm and unassuming personality. Whether it's advice they seek or someone to find solace in or be their confidant or mediator, I'm all ears.
- •I stay positiveI'm good at keeping myself and others motivated with my thoughts and words. I believe in us and what we do.