My Go-to Karaoke Songs
- •"End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" by R.E.M. Yep. I can do it, even with the pause to let the crowd yell LEONARD BERNSTEIN at the proper time.
- •"Once In a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads. You may find yourself be-hind the WHeel of a large automobile...and complete with the hand motions like he did in the video kind of karate chopping your forearm.
- •"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. Yeah. I'll let my hair down and get into the throaty whisper-scream goodness of Kurt Cobain.
- •"I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion. It's almost autobiographical in that those of us into punk made a lot of mistakes and would like a big do-over on some life choices. But it's really fun to try to sing all nasally like Mike Ness.
- •"What A Wonderful World" by Joey Ramone. Singing the great Louis Armstrong classic like Joey did is pretty fun all fast and furious.
- •"Kiss Off" by the Violent Femmes. The crowd usually joins in when you count down...one one one cause you left me and two two two for my lost cause and three three three...