Things Nobody Tells You About Being a Parent
- •How hard it is to come up with consistent answers to Santa Claus questions. There's no book and you kind of make it up as you go.
- •How hard it is to answer their questions about God. There IS a book (I even have a MASTERS DEGREE in it) and manalive are there some tough ones.
- •How awkward it gets once they're old enough to see "R" rated movies and you are sitting next to them during nude and/or sex scenes.
- •How cool it is to see them grow into the people they're supposed to become. When they pop your expectation bubble in the best of ways is so much fun.
- •How much you really were unaware of. Once they grow up & move out and start to tell stories at a holiday dinner about stuff they got away with. Man. I thought we were on top of stuff, but listening to them tell stories, you just say, "I am so glad I didn't know about that then."
- •How awesome it is to give away your daughter to the guy you've prayed for over 20 years at the altar.
- •Everybody says kids give you character. Hogwash. Kids expose your character. In both good and bad ways.
- •How much life teenagers can give a home when they have friends over. So much loud and fun and laughs.