My thoughts after waking up to news of killing of Dallas police during #blacklivesmatter rally.
I went to bed crying over the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, then woke up Friday to reports from Dallas. This was reaction after I calmed down.
- •Today is a day where I wish I could avoid all social media, leave the TV off, turn my phone off and lock myself in my house.
- •I want to do this so I don't see Facebook comments from friends responding to current events that will make me respect them less.
- •I do not want to get sucked into the ceaseless stream of speculation and "insights" shared to fill Twitter streams and airwaves.
- •I just want time to let myself worry and grieve about where we are at this particular moment in our history.
- •I then want to regroup and move forward and do whatever small things I can to show love and kindness to counter the anger and hate.