Things I Learned While Watching Hgtv
I got caught in a Sunday afternoon (and evening) rabbit hole of HGTV
- 1.Dramatic music cues mean shit is about to go down. Which really means money is about to be spent!
- 2.I now know what a low bearing wall means.
- 3.You could play a drinking game to the amount of times people say, "open concept."
- 4.Everything remodeled is gray and white.
- 5.It takes about 10 people to lift and install a marble slab.
- 6.Furniture used in staging is basic AF.
- 7.People are hoarders.
- 8.Those Property Bros are so charming.
- 9.The "hosts" or talent of the show never does any real work. If you don't believe me, check out their armpits. No sweat. And there hair is perfectly coiffed.
- 10.I can by a McMansion is South Carolina for $250K. I can't buy anything for that in Manhattan.