REASONS TV SHOWS SHOULD BE SET IN COLLEGE, NOT HIGH SCHOOL
- •Characters can be in love with their teacher and it is 100% less illegalYou're 18&over in college! And so are your friends! No more statutory rape plotlines parading around as romances!
- •Everyone has a different class schedule.It is not as blaringly obvious that the characters never go to school, or stay in school for an entire day. Or study.
- •No parents.A pro, for the most part. TV parents done right are awesome, but most of the time, they're rarely seen and seem to be negligent enough to merit phone calls to child services.
- •Timelines need not be so jampacked.Two seasons usually pass before characters get to move up a grade in high school, because the actors look too old to start as freshmen/sophomores, but the showrunners don't want to lose the backdrop of the school. In college, actors can look older, and you have four years to play with! Or more. Grad school! Didn't get all their credits! Years are easily tacked on.
- •Actors can play their age.(Or more near to it.) I know I already said this, but it's worth mentioning twice.