WORDS THAT MADE ME LOSE THE SPELLING BEE (A LIST ABOUT LETTING GO)
I can't remember what I misspelled in 7th grade, which feels like progress for me. I got 4th in the Regional Bee that year. I still need you all to know that.
- 1.RepetitionGrades 5 to 8 Schoolwide Bee (my 5th grade year): I spelled it Repitition. Got 5th. Won it every year after.
- 2.IdlyDistrictwide Conference bee (my 5th grade year): I spelled it Idolly. Got 4th
- 3.ChauffeurDistrictwide Conference bee (my 6th grade year): I spelled it Shouffer. Got 5th and had to watch these two jamokes misspell delicatessen four times over. One of them got it eventually and won. I took French after this so I would never be ousted on a French word again.
- 4.PomanderRegional Bee aka The Bee that qualified you to the Bee before the National Spelling Bee (6th grade year): Spelled it Pommander. Got 4th. Top three moved on.
- 5.CollectibleDistrictwide Bee (8th grade year): spelled it Collectable, because I didn't listen for the sentence usage. Got 19th. Very hard for me to admit even now, 12 years later.
- 6.MagisterialRegional Bee (8th grade year): Spelled it magistereal. Got 2nd. They changed the format that year and only the winner progressed.