My Top 10 Favorite Breeds of Dog
I'm a huge adoption advocate, and really do follow the mantra of adopt don't shop. My first choice will ALWAYS be mutts, but I am a huge dog nerd and love my share of purebreds that I wouldn't say no to if the popped up in the shelter system.
- 1.English Bull TerrierThey're clowny, goofy and do much fun. Plus they're unique and super distinct in appearance.
- 2.Staffordshire Bull TerrierCute, stocky, misunderstood and so loveable! They have the best smiles and they really are awesome little dogs. Don't believe the garbage the media tells you.
- 3.American Pit Bull TerrierAre you sensing a theme? I love bull breeds! I hate the bad rap they get, especially when so many are misidentified. Did you know that a well bred bull breed dog would head butt a person before they would ever consider biting? Many fighting dogs are also perfectly capable of living in multi dog homes and with families peacefully. Punish the deed, not the breed!
- 4.French BulldogsThey're cute, they're goofy, they're clownish and they're a big dog in a small dog body. I love everything about them!
- 5.Airedale TerrierYup, a non bull breed! They're fun loving for life and beautiful to look at.
- 6.SamoyedMy fluffy, smiley clouds. One of the nicest tempered dogs I've ever met. The amount of grooming and hair is a bit off putting, but they're really beautiful.
- 7.Brussels GriffonThey look like weird ewoks. What's not to love?!
- 8.Irish WolfhoundsThey're gentle giants, and I love the look of them
- 9.XoloitzcuintliI love hairless creatures, plus they just look amazing
- 10.Giant SchnauzerI just love how badass they look, they're stunning