10 Stores for Go-to Holiday Shopping
Need help with last minute gifting? We've got you covered. Take a look at some of our beloved retailers and options to complete your seasonal shopping list.
- •Gift CardsOften reserved for those we're not close to and know little about. Yet, sometimes, we buy them out of convienance and believe the receiver will enjoy picking out a gift all their own. It's debatable. But, out of ease and all-around favorability, gift cards are a go-to.
- •Barnes & NobleWho wouldn't want the latest New York Times best seller, or even one of those fancy "adult" coloring books? The mega bookstore offers exceptional gift giving for bookworms, journalists, designers, and precious little ones in our lives.
- •Amazon.comOh the joys of e-commerce. Mostly suited for tech lovers or objects not sold in stores, we love this site because it truly does offer amazing variety. For those of us that are introverted, it's the optimal way of avoiding the masses. From trend lists to toys, we find shopping can easily be one and done.
- •AnthropologieWe'll be honest. We really like the fact that the store is utterly gorgeous and fun to explore. Not to mention, the trinkets are quite timeless. Candles, cookbooks, vintage-inspired clothing and dinnerware allow us to find perfect gifts for Mom, sisters, or girlfriends.
- •Toys-R-UsOnce we step in, we re-live childhood dreams. The store presents more games and crafts known to man. The difficult part comes with choosing. Thankfully, the store gives children the opportunity to create wish lists and offers a gift finder option. Shoppers can search for lists, or narrow toys by price, category, and age. Whew. Now that makes Santa's job a whole lot easier!
- •Etsy.comIt's the artsy, vintage-lovers site for gifts that are unique and handmade. Find monogrammed pieces, graphic artwork, and more for those you love most. We hope to appease Mom and Gran with more personalized selections, and the sentiment of taking the time to find the extra special something is always appreciated.
- •ModCloth.comAgain, we'd rather not re-hash. But we love the fact that vintage is in! And this site offers a wide selection of handcrafted clothing and home decor that are both trendy and unique. You're certain to find gifts that are charming as they are tasteful.
- •ThinkGeek.comFor all the geeky gamers out there, this site hits the jackpot. You'll discover R2-D2 car chargers and matching Avengers cardigans. So go on, may the shop force be with you!
- •Chocomize.comYou can probably take a guess what this site offers-a whole lot of chocolate. Chocolate bars, hot chocolate mix, smore's bars, and even edible picture bars! It's simply amazing! For those with a major sweet tooth, any gift from here is sure to please.
- •TargetAnd last, but certainly not least, Target is a continual favorite. Perhaps it's due to the rockin' dollar section right when you walk in. But overall, we find brands in food, home decor, and cosmetics that are one of a kind. And, we've found it quite impossible to leave the store empty-handed on any occasion. So, if completely stumped, take a walk through and we promise you'll come across a pretty cool find.