Words We're Not Feeling This Week
At Britton, there are some words we'd just rather not use, or feel are quite abused. Take a look...
- 1.MAUVEThe color purple shouldn't be devalued by such a word as this. Quite frankly, we think it's too boring. We'd prefer Lavender or Magenta. They roll off the tongue and sound a bit prettier...but that's just us.
- 2.APP"It's just an app." "There's an app for that." We get sick of hearing this. We love apps and we love this app! Yet, the word has become so exhausted. It's not pretty or fun. It's just a lazy way of nicknaming "application"-which makes us like it even less.
- 3.BEIGEWe rate this worse than Mauve. People keep saying, "Beige doesn't have to be boring." Well, it is. The word is boring to say. It's the most depressing way to describe the color tan, or any neutral for that matter.
- 4.MOISTAll you bakers, be ashamed. This doesn't make a cake sound delectable. The meaning of the word is different than the way it sounds. To us, it sounds like bacteria growing on your food when it sits long. Oh wait...that's mold.
- 5.SYNERGYWhy can't we just say we're "in sync"? On the same wavelength. Combining novel ideas. But then, that could also refer to a mash-up. And we hate the word, "mash-up" as well.