5 FACTS ABOUT STUDENT DEBT IN AMERICA
Are we actually in the midst of a “student debt crisis?” Here are five facts Adam Looney and Constantine Yannelis uncovered about student debt in America. View charts, videos and more about student debt here: http://brook.gs/1GvWIgB
- 1.Student borrowing has surged in the past several decades.
- 2.For-profit and two-year institutions are a growing part of the debt problem.
- 3.Borrowers at for-profit and two-year schools are the most likely to default on their loans.
- 4.Borrowers at for profit and two year colleges fared poorly in the job market, making it harder to pay off their loans.
- 5.(The good news:) These borrowing and default trends are not likely to continue.