UNDER THE RADAR LA RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THIS GOOD
Let's get some more on here!
- •La Restaurant Número UnoPupusas and tacos and you're out $6. And you are guaranteed to be the only person in the place.
- •Froma On MelroseHave Francine make you the Alpino sandwich. Perfection.
- •The Parks Finest BarbequeFilipino barbeque, which is a phrase I can't wrap my head around. Go on Wednesdays and get the Worker Wednesday Special, which gives you a little bit of everything for $10.
- •Machos TacosDon't order anything but the pollo tacos, because everything else is kinda gross.
- •Joe's FalafelI feel like people know about this place. Yet it doesn't stop it from being empty on a week night. The beef kebabs are the shit, and some of the best hummus in town. All at Zankou prices.
- •HachéBurger spot in Silver Lake (originally from the OC). The Karma burger is awesome but the habanero burger is insane. Be prepared to have it melt your mouth though.
- •Pita bar and grill on fairfax - best MediterraneanSuggested by @alibaron
- •Rising hearts bakery - truly good gluten free bagels (and bread and bakery stuff but I only care about the bagels)Suggested by @alibaron
- •La Fonda Antioquena on MelroseColumbian food. Their blood sausage is excellent.Suggested by @Suzanne
- •Jeff's GourmetIt's kosher, tiny, and most likely packed with religious Jews but it's so good. Try the deli wrap with seasoned fries.Suggested by @JP