“FRIENDS” FACTS THAT WILL LEGITIMATELY MAKE YOU FEEL OLD
Oh… my… God!
- 1.Friends premiered in September of 1994, over 21 goddamn years ago
- 2.Tom Selleck was 51 years old when he first appeared on Friends as Richard Burke. Courtney Cox is currently the same ageSelleck was born in 1945 and began appearing on Friends in ‘96.
- 3.Cole Sprouse, the actor who played Ben in later seasons, celebrated his 23rd birthday this past AugustAnyone else remember the episode about Ben’s birth, in like, vivid detail?
- 4.Making him only two years younger than Jennifer Aniston and Mathew Perry were when the series first debuted
- 5.The year Friends premiered the best-selling toys of the holiday season were these Power Rangers action figuresPower Rangers made its U.S. debut just a year before Friends hit the airwaves.
- 6.Friends was well into its second season when “The Macarena” became a worldwide hit
- 7.The series ran for 10 seasons and the final episode aired in May 2004. So the show has now been off the air for longer than it originally ran
- 8.The finale aired a full three years before the first iPhones hit the marketThe first iPhone was released on June 29, 2007.
- 9.It’s been nearly 17 years since Ross made the less-than-smart New Year’s resolution to experiment with leather pantslol
- 10.Erica and Jack Bing (Chandler and Monica’s twins) would be starting junior high school next fall IRLThey were born in the two-part finale, and would be almost 12 by now.
- 11.It’s been almost two decades since Jennifer Aniston sported “the Rachel” haircutAniston — who apparently wasn’t a fan of the look — debuted the now iconic haircut in the show’s 20th episode but only kept it through the second season.
- 12.Monica and Chandler got married in 2001, meaning they’d be celebrating their 15-year wedding anniversary in 2016
- 13.Dakota Fanning was only 9 years old when she filmed her guest appearance on Friends, which aired during the final season. She’s now 21
- 14.Marcel the monkey (who is actually a female named Katie) has had a steady career over the past two decades and has worked with the likes of Kendall Jenner, who wasn’t even alive when Katie first appeared on Friends in 1994Kendall was born in 1995.
- 15.And finally, it’s been about 15 years since the world was introduced to the holiday armadilloWe love you, holiday armadillo!