THESE ARE THE TOP BABY NAMES OF 2015
Each December BabyCenter releases their list of the top baby names for the year. This year’s trends are oh so very 2015, with everything from gender-fluidity to Instagram filters inspiring the next generation of monikers. Did you name your baby after royalty or an Instagram filter? #ontrend
- 1.Instagram Names: Lux, Juno, Amaro, and HudsonInstagram-inspired names jumped in popularity this year, marking the first time technology has had a major influence on baby naming. Other filters that have started to #trend in the names department? Ludwig, Valencia, Willow, and Kelvin.
- 2.Gender Neutral Names: Maxwell, Wyatt, Piper, and RileyUnisex names are climbing the charts with a vengeance (can I get a wut-wut from my fellow Morgans?) with Karter, Lincoln, and Carson joining the ranks of gender-neutral “it” names.
- 3.Royal Names: Duchess, Reign, Sultan, and PrincessWhile the actual royals kept their baby-naming pretty traditional this year, young American parents opted for regal names like King and Tiara, following in the footsteps of Kourtney Kardashian who named her baby boy Reign.
- 4.Celestial Names: Jupiter, Sunny, Gaia, and SolielAhhhhh the galaxy. What a wonderful place to find a powerful name. Planetary-inspired Jupiter is up by a whopping 50%, while Stella, which actually means “Star,” cracked the top 100 this year.
- 5.Empire-Inspired Names: Lyon, Dre, Hakeem, and LuciousThat’s right. Tons of people in 2015 named their kids after Cookie’s Empire clan.
- 6.The top 20 boy names of 2015:1. Jackson 2. Aiden 3. Liam 4. Lucas 5. Noah 6. Mason 7. Ethan 8. Caden 9. Logan 10. Jacob
- 7.The top 20 girl names of 2015:1. Sophia 2. Emma 3. Olivia 4. Ava 5. Mia 6. Isabella 7. Zoe 8. Lily 9. Emily 10. Madison
- 8.To see the full top 100 names of 2015, and for all the naming-trend news you could ever need, visit BabyCenter.