5 Ways to Pump Yourself Up Just Like Sean Spicer
Lessons from President Trump's press secretary, who is definitely a happy person and comfortable with the choices he's made
- 1.Strike a power poseStand with your feet shoulder-width apart and put your hands over your head in a “V”. This is your body-language way of saying “I am powerful” and “journalists don’t scare me!”
- 2.Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you’re “fantastic”Stare at the reflection of your own face and shout, “You are going to kill out there! They’re going to love you! They want you to succeed!” Smile at your reflection, and then realize that your smile isn’t convincing anymore, and then stop smiling. Look tough. Strike another power pose. When you notice that your boss has been in the room for five full minutes, watching you, you can drop your hands, turn around, and compliment him on his amazing health and tremendous brain.
- 3.Watch an episode of The West Wing from your DVD collection. Then set the DVD on fire.That show is filled with disgraceful lies. You can use either The Washington Post or your signed poster of Allison Janney as kindling. If your boss is still in the room, you can ask him if he wants to help build the fire, but he’ll probably refuse, since his delicate hands have never done anything more strenuous than gently hold a Big Mac.
- 4.Battle your imaginary enemies with some of your expert shadowboxingIf you want to impress your colleagues, it’s better to get your aggression out beforehand. So put your tracksuit on over your normal suit and jump around, taking swipes at imaginary enemies. If you’re doing this right, it will seem like no matter how much you hit them, they keep surrounding you. Nevertheless, continue to battle until one of them knocks you out.
- 5.Get up really close to a picture of your boss and scream “I AM MY OWN MAN!”No one can tell you what to do! You are strong and free, like a soaring bald eagle! Someone is playing the song from The Last of the Mohicans, and although you’re not completely sure how you feel about the themes of that movie you are brimming with emotion and confidence. Well, not really. But it's fun to pretend.