8 Times Mike Pence Couldn’t Spit Out Sour Food Because He’s The Vice President Now
America's "veep" is almost as tough on his tastebuds as he is with refugee children!
- 1.That time when he ate five Warheads at once and then watched Rex Tillerson become Secretary of State.According to reports, President Trump had told Pence and Tillerson that he thought the former ExxonMobil CEO was a “tough guy,” to which Pence replied, “I can be tough!” and grabbed the hard candies from a side-table.
- 2.That time at the March for Life when he put an entire lemon into his mouth and then walked on stage to address a crowd of anti-abortion activists.“When life gives us lemons, we make lemonade,” said the Vice President, who proceeded to take the entire lemon out of his mouth and wave it in front of the cheering demonstrators, screaming, “This is a metaphor!”
- 3.That time when he was in a rush to go to Trump Tower so he grabbed some sushi from a Japanese take-out place but wasn’t looking while he ate and picked up all of the wasabi at once with his chopsticks.It was the first time that Pence had ever used chopsticks, and he resolved to only use an American-made fork to eat sushi in the future. At least, that’s what he told Donald Trump when he reached Trump Tower, right before the President told him to return to the restaurant and bring some back for Steve Bannon.
- 4.That time when he went on Fox & Friends and drank some milk that he had left out of the fridge overnight but still thought was okay.Co-host Steve Doocy, who also drank the milk, was completely unaffected, and would go on to say that it was the best interview he’s ever done.
- 5.That time when he was so overcome by the kimchi he consumed at lunch that his body went temporarily numb while shaking Nancy Pelosi’s hand.The former congressman from Indiana was so incapacitated that the House Minority Leader had to take his shaking palm with two hands and lead him to a dark room, where he could recuperate sufficiently.
- 6.That time when he was being inaugurated as Vice President, had second thoughts, and proceeded to stuff himself with his favorite comfort food: unripe tangerines.f you go back and watch the tape of the inauguration ceremony, you might notice that Mike Pence keeps leaning behind people, putting his head next to their ears, and whispering, “I am in such pain.”
- 7.That time when he took a wrong turn and stumbled upon the set of House of Cards right after trying to eat another lemon just to see if he’d be okay.He wasn’t. However, he did appreciate the sleek set design and characteristically dark lighting that are stylistic hallmarks of the acclaimed Netflix series. They made him get over the shame he felt at his failure to eat an entire lemon right in front of Rex Tillerson.
- 8.That time when he was just letting loose and having funIf there’s one thing Vice President Mike Pence has learned over all these years, it’s how to move beyond the past and enjoy the present!