TOP 5 COMPLETE SENTENCES FROM SARAH PALIN’S TRUMP ENDORSEMENT
Last month, former half-term governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) endorsed Donald Trump in Ames, Iowa, showcasing her trademark zeal and a working knowledge of the English language. The Trump/Palin rally featured many words, some of which even came out in coherent complete sentences. Here were the best of those sentences:
- 5.“I think a lot about the Department of Energy, because energy is my baby, oil and gas and minerals, those things that God has dumped on this part of the earth for mankind’s use, instead of relying on unfriendly foreign nations for us to import their resources.”Just kidding, that one isn't a sentence.
- 4.“I’m here to support the next president of the United States, Donald Trump.”A standard issue sentence at these sorts of events, stating the speaker’s purpose and personal intent. Simple but grammatically solid.
- 3.“He’s been able to tear the veil off this idea of the system.”Okay, this one is less clear in its intent, and it features words that don’t typically appear together. But it does contain a subject and a predicate, and all of its words can be found in an English language dictionary.
- 2.”A good, heated, and very competitive primary is where we are.”Although this statement makes no sense, it’s important to note that it is a complete sentence in that it contains a subject and a verb. What’s more, it is not interrupted by an interjection like “you betcha” or “you’re darn tootin’.”
- 1.“You all make the world go around and now our cause is one.”Admittedly, this is pushing it, as it combines two figurative metaphors and lacks specifics, but grammatically, it is acceptable. You could probably include this in a “D” paper and safely stay out of “F” territory. Mazel tov!