WHY GEORGE LUCAS SAYS LEAVING STAR WARS FEELS LIKE A BREAKUP
George Lucas, the mastermind behind the #StarWars franchise, tells Charlie Rose he's no longer involved. He spoke to CBS This Morning about his decision to never direct another "Star Wars" film, and compared it all to breaking up. Here's why:
- •First rule: No phone callsHis original thinking behind the franchise: "All I wanted to do was tell the story of what happened, you know, it started here and it went there."
- •Second rule: "You don't go over to their house and drive by to see what they're doing."He tells Charlie Rose: "If I get in there I'm just gonna cause trouble."
- •Third rule: You don't show up at their coffee shop and say you are going to burn it."They're not gonna do what I want them to do. I don't have the control to do that anymore, and all it would do is muck everything up."
- •4. What to do instead:Lucas says: "You say nope, gone, history. I'm moving forward."
- •More to come!This is only a small part of #CharlieRose's conversation with #GeorgeLucas. We will have more as we feature this year's Kennedy Center Honorees! Watch here: http://cbsn.ws/1Nepxkq