5 things to know before your next flight
- 1.Planes are really heavyA fully loaded A380 can weigh 1,268,000 lbs on takeoff. For context, that's more than 462 Honda Civics.
- 2.The FAA requires airlines to keep an ashtray in plane bathrooms...... even though smoking is not allowed.
- 3.You can get off a plane fast, if you really need to.The FAA requires proof that passengers can get off a plane in 90 seconds or less.
- 4.Modern twin engine jets can keep flying even if one the engines stops working.And if all engines stop, planes can still glide for a relatively long time.
- 5.You're safer on a plane than in bed