Regular or Decaf? What You Need to Get Your Day Started
It's Thursday, and here are some things to know for your new day.
- •Paul Ryan for SpeakerThe Republicans wouldn't take no for an answer. So, Ryan relented on condition the divided party unite behind him. Yesterday, the biggest stumbling block, the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said 'Fine.' http://cnn.it/1M7gAmb
- •It's Hillary Clinton versus the Republicans on Benghazi -- again.Clinton will show up this morning for a marathon, televised grilling by the Select Committee on Benghazi. The Republicans in charge of this hearing say they only want to get to the bottom of what happened in Libya on September 11, 2012. Clinton's allies say it's just another political witch hunt to derail her presidential bid. http://cnn.it/1RqdspL
- •WikiLeaks publishes CIA chief's personal infoIf the director of the CIA can get hacked, are any of us safe? A hacker hit the personal email of John Brennan and -- you guessed it -- WikiLeaks was oh so happy to post the info online. The documents are from before Brennan's time in the Obama administration and contain no classified data. http://cnn.it/1RWUWGn
- •No alcohol during pregnancy, not even a sipIf you're pregnant, don't drink. The American Academy of Pediatrics says prenatal exposure to alcohol is the most preventable cause of birth defects. It can also mess up Junior's intellectual development. http://cnn.it/1NnxikC
- •Group behind 'El Chapo' escape detainedMexican authorities say they've detained Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's brother-in-law and several others suspected of organizing the drug lord's escape from prison. http://cnn.it/1MF7b5R