Six Shows to Watch for Thanksgiving
- •"Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," Thursday 9 a.m. ET, NBCThis year's parade, live from New York, will include Mariah Carey, Daughtry, Panic! at the Disco, Plain White T's, Questlove and Jordin Sparks.
- •"A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," Tuesday 8 p.m., ABCIt may not be as well known as the "Peanuts" Christmas or Halloween specials, but Snoopy's Thanksgiving meal consisting of popcorn, toast and jelly beans makes it a classic in and of itself.
- •"Planes, Trains & Automobiles," Wednesday 8 p.m., CWThis 1987 comedy favorite stars Steve Martin as a man who just wants to get to his family in time for Thanksgiving but then he runs into traveling salesman Del Griffith (John Candy).
- •"Scream Queens," Tuesday 9 p.m., FoxAfter three (count 'em) Halloween episodes, the horror comedy takes on Thanksgiving, and turkeys may not be the only things sliced up this year.
- •"The Goldbergs," Thursday 9:30 p.m., ABCThe 1980s family has Thanksgiving in this encore of last week's episode. Barry Goldberg's ultrapatriotic, nonsensical tribute to the holiday is one of the funnier moments this season.
- •"Mystery Science Theater 3000," Thursday noon, YouTubeThe cult favorite 1990s series poking fun at cheesy movies is currently raising funds for a new season, but that won't stop the annual tradition of the "Turkey Day Marathon." Six surprise classic episodes will live stream though the afternoon and evening of Thanksgiving for those looking for an alternative to football.