The Top Places to Visit in 2016
via Lonely Planet http://cnn.it/1OVTRjH
- 1.BotswanaThe top country recommendation for next year is Botswana, home to Mashatu Game Reserve.
- 2.JapanMore than 15 million tourists have already visited Japan in 2015, and 2016 is set to be another bumper year. With sights like Kawachi Fuji Garden in Fukuoka, they're onto a good thing.
- 3.USAThe 50 states have plenty to offer, from road trips to beaches, from mountains to deserts.
- 4.PalauPalau is a Pacific archipelago of about 200 limestone and volcanic islands, covered in rich forest and surrounded by turquoise seas. Its diving and snorkeling opportunities have led some to call it "the underwater Serengeti."
- 5.LatviaWith Estonia to the north and Lithuania to the south, Latvia is "the meat of the Baltic sandwich," says Lonely Planet, and "loaded with colorful fixings."
- 6.AustraliaAustralia's sights include the Great Barrier Reef and Tasmania's wilderness, according to Lonely Planet.
- 7.PolandLonely Planet suggestions for a trip to Poland include visiting Wroclaw and Krakow.