Where Presidential Statues Go to Die
- •In a field in Williamsburg, Virginia, a ghostly army of U.S. presidents appears buried chest-deep...
- •...as if caught in a nightmarish quicksand.
- •Welcome to intriguing remains of America's Presidents Park.
- •The failed museum was a place where visitors once walked among 43 eerily lifelike busts of the nation's leaders.
- •More than five years after the sculpture park closed, its hefty 20ft presidents remain clustered together on Howard Hankins' nearby farm.
- •The concrete businessman, who helped build the original sculpture park, couldn't bear to see the stony-faced men destroyed when the tourist attraction closed in 2010
- •He now hopes to restore the busts to their former glory and exhibit them in a new museum