The World's Most Romantic Hotel Rooms
Looking for a hotel room you'll never want to leave? Here's some last minute ideas and inspiration for the fast-approaching Valentine's Day weekend.
- •Glass Igloo, Kakslauttanen, FinlandGet front row seats to the Northern Light from a two-person glass igloo in the Lappish wilderness, which is so picturesque it provided the dramatic backdrop of Ralph Lauren’s Fall 2015 campaign. Amenities are sparse—there are no phones, televisions or WiFi—but with views like this, you won’t be needing those modern comforts. These igloos are available to book all through the Northern Lights season (August to the end of April.) http://cntrvlr.co/A0DfVqS Courtesy Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort
- •Springs Villa, Nayara Springs, Costa RicaOf the 16 secluded private villas nestled in the tropical rainforest at Nayara Springs, the Spring Villa is the choicest of them. Among its many, many other amenities, the villa boasts its own plunge pool fed by natural mineral hot springs, a private garden with outdoor showers, a canopied four-poster bed, and a terrace daybed that offers perfect views of the nearby Arenal Volcano. http://cntrvlr.co/AOpYSXc Courtesy Nayara Springs
- •Room #10, La Pause, MarrakechTake a cue from the name of this exotic wilderness retreat and hit pause on the madness of modern life: Instead of electricity and WiFi, these minimalist mud huts have authentic Moroccan furniture, fireplaces, raindrop showers, and outdoor loungers with the Agafay hills as the stunning backdrop. http://cntrvlr.co/7tFT3Gp Courtesy La Pause
- •The Boathouse, The Point, AdirondacksThe most requested room at this adults-only Adirondack retreat features a canopy bed in the middle of the room, surrounded by nautical flags, a beamed ceiling, and tranquil views of Upper Saranac Lake. A rock-walled shower with dual showerheads and a large soaking tub are the highlights of the bathroom, while outside, fluffy twin beds are suspended from the ceiling of the wraparound deck. http://cntrvlr.co/nUxlZ1r Courtesy The Point
- •Superior Room, Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, ChileMornings here mean waking up to unobstructed views of Patagonia’s Lake Sarmiento and the Torre del Paine mountain range from the comfort of a hand-crafted Chilean bed topped with locally made blankets. While rooms in this boutique lodge do have modern amenities, the all-natural furnishings bring you that much closer to the rugged beauty of the area. http://cntrvlr.co/q24T1lo Courtesy Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa
- •Turret Suite, Castle Hill Inn & Resort, NewportLock yourselves away in the renovated turret suite of the historic Castle Hill Inn & Resort, where views of Narragansett Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and the nearby lighthouse present themselves no matter where you look. http://cntrvlr.co/mUqcrHD Courtesy Castle H