6 Career Coaching tips from a Workforce Professional
- •1. Supervisors don't care if you agree with their directive. They care if you follow it.
- •2. Become an expert in something: writing, facilitating, policies, etc. Become the go to person and mentor other staff.
- •3. If you want the new assignment, show initiative and follow through with the ones you don't.
- •4. Delegate work to your peers and accept work from them. That's how a team operates.
- •5. Leadership isn't positional.
- •6. Embrace changes and aim to be proficient as fast as you can in policies, MIS systems, paperwork, regulations, trainings, etc... because you don't have any choice. Change is inevitable; being adaptable in invaluable.