Books I Have Read More Than Once
I love books.
- •The Great GatsbyI think I've read it three times. I love Fitzgerald's writing and if you have never read anything but Gatsby I recommend expanding your horizons. I really enjoy his short stories. "Yet high over the city our line of yellow windows must have contributed their share of human secrecy to the casual watcher in the darkening streets, and I was him too, looking up and wondering. I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life."
- •Jane EyreI once did a piece in art class that had quotes on it and I included a quote from Jane Eyre. My art teacher said "Women and their Jane Eyre." All women should read this book. Not just because it is a beautiful love story but a beautiful portrait of a woman who refuses to comprise who she is. "Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear."
- •Romeo and JulietI love Shakespeare and this was the first play I read. My mom saw early on my love of reading and in Jr high got me the Shakespeare made easy version. "Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs; Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes; Being vexed, a sea nourished with loving tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, A choking gall, and a preserving sweet."
- •Alice's Adventures in WonderlandAlways been one of my favorite Disney movies. It's hard not to love this book. Definitely spurs the wheels of the imagination. Have also read the sequel Through the Looking Glass. "But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad." "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
- •BONUS: East of EdenRead the book and started listening to the audiobook. Haven't finished it yet. I love Steinbeck. Love. I have have read several if his books and plan to read them all someday. "But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed - because 'Thou mayest.'"