THE MYSTERIES OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND, CANADA
We spend a lot of time on Prince Edward Island in Canada. We bought an old church and fixed it up to be a house like the heathens we are. But as the years pass, there are certain Island mysteries that we may never solve.
- •Why does one local radio station add new drum machine tracks to existing popular songs? Does this happen anywhere else?
- •Everyone here has a "lobster guy" who will sell you lobsters from his daily haul. Like a crustacean drug dealer. How do we get the hookup?
- •Is the Shepherd Fairey-like Andre the Giant on the electrical transformer box in Summerside really by Shepherd Fairey?
- •When you order an iced coffee at any chain, they offer to put "base" in it. What is "base" and why can nobody tell us when we ask?
- •Are all the people on the island with the last name "Gallant" related? Everyone is named that here.
- •Will they ever figure out who was pushing needles into random potatoes here, throwing the PEI potato industry into a tailspin? (Perp aside, the simple solution seems to be to only eat mashed going forward.)