LYRICS I THOUGHT I KNEW...BUT DIDN'T
Here are just a few lines I misheard. I will add more as I discover more (which I'm sure to do). Also, if you have one, feel free to suggest it
- •"Sky's full of felines"- U2, Beautiful DayThe actual line is: "Sky falls, you feel like." My brother and I used to mishear this when we were very little, and I've always loved this image of all these floating cats in the sky.
- •"That's why we hear your music in Fast Four"- Kanye West, Get Em HighThe actual line is: "That's why we hear your music in fast forward." Ye says forward very quickly here, so I always thought he was referring to the 4th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise.
- •"Wacka wacka who"- The Who, Who Are YouThe actual line is "Who the fuck are you." But my brother and I didn't realize he was cursing when we were really little, so we just decided he said wacka wacka who.
- •"Hold up, my scrotum imposing"- Kendrick Lamar, Backseat FreestyleThe actual line is "I'm holding my scrotum and posing," which makes a whole lot more sense.
- •"You're suddenly divine"- Miles Kane, Take the Night From MeThe actual line is "You're stunningly divine." It's amazing how much a one word difference makes.
- •"Pay me what you owe me" -Rihanna, Bitch Better Have My MoneyActual line is "Pay me what you wanted." It makes more sense to me the other way.
- •"Shop class, but half the school got it too" -Kanye West, Murder to ExcellanceActual line: "No shop class but half the school got a tool." The actual lyric is so deep, and my original idea for it makes the murder he's discussing actually seem less meaningful. It always confused me, but the actual line makes so much more sense.