SOME OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE TAYLOR SWIFT LYRICS AND WHY
in no particular order
- •"You call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest" - All Too WellBut also every line in this whole song. It's absolutely her best work. Remembering is the most painful part of relationships ending. She says this in the most beautiful and poignant way.
- •"Find out what you want, be that girl for a month" - Blank SpaceTHIS THIS THIS. This is what millennial relationships are like! This is also what I did with every guy I've ever been a thing with.
- •"Good girls, hopeful they'll be and long they will wait" - Sad Beautiful TragicThis song. This song gives me goosebumps, and something about this line resonates with my soul. I've thought about getting this tattooed on me. I feel like it has multiple meanings. It could either mean that you're waiting for someone to change and be better because you believe in them, or you're waiting for the right someone to show up because you believe they're really out there. I think I'm always trapped between those two scenarios.
- •"They tell you you're lucky but you're so confused 'cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used" - The Lucky OneI wish I didn't relate to this. This is one of the coolest songs Taylor Swift has ever written because it's not about a boy, it's about her fame and having to feel good about herself at the end of the day as a product. It's the darker side of being a celebrity. It's the only song where Taylor hints at not being happy and throwing it all away someday the way Joni Mitchell did. For me, it's also about how people expect you to be only one thing. Ex: If you're attractive, you can't be smart too.
- •"You carry my groceries and now I'm always laughing" - Stay, Stay, StayThis is what I think true love is! It's not that complicated, mysterious, torturous stuff. I need someone who's helpful and who has a good sense of humor. I need someone who keeps tabs on where I leave my keys and helps me clean up whatever I spilled. Someone who doesn't think I'm a mess or treat it like a hassle or a waste of time. I'm hard enough on myself, ya know?
- •"But you held your pride like you should've held me" - The Story of UsEverything I've wanted to tell a boy and more.
- •"10 months sober I must admit, just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it" - CleanTaylor Swift is just so good at bridges I can't handle it, and this will always be relevant to my life. I miss people I shouldn't all the time and for longer periods than I should.
- •"I'm in my room it's a typical Tuesday night, I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like and she'll never know your story like I do" - You Belong With MeI'm always always always liking boys with girlfriends which is an actual problem. I also love how specific she writes her songs! I listen to this every Tuesday because I'm a nut.
- •"And I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day, and something reminds you you wish you had stayed" - Last KissAbsolutely stunning and so me. I always wish the best for people even if they're no longer in my life, but I also kind of always wish they regret it at the same time.
- •"You kiss on sidewalks, you fight then you talk. One night he wakes, strange look on his face. Pauses then says, 'you're my best friend'" - You Are In LoveThis whole song is gorgeous and realistic and I want it to be my wedding song.