FAST FOOD THAT ISN'T MDCDONALDS
Not McDonald's or Pizza Hut or Burger King. You get the idea. These are good replacements that are fake-better for you but do taste a lot better.
- •5 GuysGreat fries. Amazing burgers. Vinegar at the tables with for the fries. Ventura and coldwater Cyn location is good and so is the weho one by tender greens. CURIOUSLY EMPTY though. Never caught on in SoCal I guess.
- •Smash BurgerEven when eating in the restaurant, they put the food in a giant brown bag. I'm not a green guy at all but that's kinda crazy. There's probably a reason. Anyway, it's a good pre-staples center place to eat and there's also one by Sony off Venice. Good burgers and solid fries: B+
- •Carney'sGo with a 3 meat if hungry. Fries need salt. Lots of parking in the middle of the sunset strip.
- •Village pizzeriaUnderrated on larchmont or yucca and vine behind capital records. Big thin NY-style slices. Great crushed ice and lemonade in a giant cup. Never busy on yucca, too.
- •Z pizzaWhen they're fresh they're great. Gluten-free option and open til 3 Thursday-Saturday in boy's town. Ask for Bernard.
- •Joe's pizzaA little overrated for me but solid parking on sunset and Alta Loma a block west of la Cienega. When they're fresh, they're pretty good. It's def a trap you can get into though. The Hollywood location
- •Astro BurgerMelrose or Santa Monica blvd. Cash only. Solid burgers. Great fries. Good service.
- •Shake ShackAmazing. The bread, fries, meat and cheese are all A+. Coming to LA at Santa Monica and la Cienega where koo koo roo was ASAP. Now at New York, New York in Vegas.
- •OinksterEagle rock and Hollywood. They have their own big Mac's that are solid. Good fries in the in n out style.
- •In n out3x3 protein style and fries with pink lemonade.
- •Fat Sal'sGross and glutinous as all hell but open late and I'll go once a year.
- •Irv's BurgersWeho staple. Good food and very famously friendly staff that draw you on the paper plates when you order.
- •Hamburger HavenCash only in the heart of boy's town. Some good arcade games and solid food. Fries are always hot. 3 parking spots.