HOW TO WRITE AND READ A EULOGY
I wrote it on Thursday. Read it today.
- •ResearchRead some notable ones from past presidents, Steve Jobs, etc.
- •PatienceLet it come naturally. Put on headphones if you need to. Give it time and it'll come.
- •ItalicsPut important statements in italics or bold or in caps. Can be helpful when reading.
- •ReviewGo over it a couple times. Read it and edit. Less is more.
- •QuotesLook up a person you admire's quotes and see if they apply. They almost always will. Lincoln is my go-to guy. He's fuckin awesome and funny. Lyrics of good music is great too.
- •Reading- walk up confidentlyGive off confidence to put the mourning people at ease.
- •Clear your throatIf you've been crying this could fuck up the speech at first. Start strong so you can end strong.
- •As momentum builds- speak stronglyGive emphasis to quotes. This can be very helpful for people listening who may be lost in thought.
- •End stronglyEnd with a great quote with confidence if that's what you wanna do. Do it and be gone. "Thank you" and walk off. No time for bullshit. This is a fucking funeral. You won't get claps if you're like me and have SOME experience on stage.
- •Be proud of yourselfCongrats, you just did something you're gonna remember for a very long time. You've impacted other humans with sharp writing and wise alpha teaching.