THE COMFORT IN BEING SAD
Kurt Cobain said he missed the comfort in being sad. I totally relate. When things are good or ok, the excuse to wallow in the suck becomes a funny memory.
- •Late night eatingDiners or new spots. Saltier the better
- •Growing a beardJust don't shave for a little bit. Ok you can trim the bottom.
- •Wearing Adidas track pantsBecome a taxi driver without the taxi for a week
- •Buying expensive stuffRetail therapy can be helpful. But own it. Go to Barney's or wherever you want something that for sure won't fix you
- •Having your own placeBe messy if you want
- •So let the kitchen be dirty for a couple daysWhatever
- •Chain smoke the bad cigarettesNo more judgement on anything that's not American spirits. you ARE the American spirit smoking a bad cigarette in infinite doom
- •Be in a mood; it's okEmbrace it. Don't fight it.
- •Blast funny music in your car80s breakup metal ballads.
- •Binge watch something from the CW or FoxNow nobody can judge your taste in TV
- •BathsSurprisingly therapeutic
- •Have a corner in your place where the vacuum goes and never put it in a closet. It's simply "the corner where the vacuum goes" now
- •Stay up til 4amDoing whatever it is you would like to do
- •Explore your cityThere are beaches and mountains but whatever about the mountains actually
- •EbayBuy vintage ashtrays and NBA dream team posters
- •Get a bacon turkey sandwich at 1 AM from your favorite bodega with jalepeno chips because New York is so badSuggested by @LevNovak