THINGS I WANT LA TO ADD
Some thoughts that would be cool for the city
- •A freeway connecting the 101 in Hollywood to the 405/10 interchange.So it would shoot SW from Hollywood so you don't have to take Santa Monica or Wilshire or Olympic to go west.
- •An NFL teamYeah SC and UCLA are great at the sport and what's with this nonsense of the raiders and Chargers SHARING a stadium in Carson?? No. Enough with the disputes. A stadium by USC for an NFL team. And that's it.
- •Manifest destiny subwayYeah I know Beverly Hills doesn't want it have it go around and split to marina del Rey and another line to the Santa Monica pier. Her got it right.
- •Historic preservations of basically everythingI love modern places and glass and convertibles etc but we need more places like Angelino Heights and Harper ave in weho to be saved.
- •Anti-gentrification lawsI don't know how but make it happen Mr. Mayor! Immigrants being pushed out of neighborhoods is just America working but it's gotten even crazier since I've moved here.
- •Stricter water lawsTo prevent another one and help with the current drought. No more fountains and empty pools starting with public ones and the nicest neighborhoods. The governor just made 10k fines for watering lawns (?). Up it.
- •More Whole FoodsParking is too crazy. Let's get this going.
- •Shaq statueOutside the staples center
- •Dog beachesNot just the one in long beach or wherever. I take my dog to a place in Malibu between private beaches by Geoffrey's but LA can do better. Designated dog beaches by the palisades or Santa Monica or wherever!
- •Better tax incentives to keep filming in the cityMatch New Orleans or Austin or Vancouver. Probably impossible but would keep our friends here and add jobs.
- •Smoking sectionsIt'd be nice. Look at it as "vintage."
- •Princess Diana paparazzi lawsI think this is already happening but it would help prevent traffic jams and speeding just to get pics of starlets when you're trying to get to the gym.
- •Play it cool with the parking ticketsIt's so out of hand it's just creating an even worse culture of disdain for parking enforcement. It's almost a joke now.
- •SuperheroI know I'm the only person who liked Seth Rogen's Green Hornet but it really was awesome. Rich kid in the hills becomes a super hero when his dad dies. Sweet. I'm not saying it has to be him but it'd be cool regardless.
- •VillainFor the superhero to fight downtown at night.
- •Sanitary wipes everywhereAt stop lights, libraries, etc
- •To wipe out anti-food truck law in wehoIt's pretentious and ridiculous